We are really pleased to be able to continue offer the Wellbeing Studio sessions (previously from Worcester Arts Workshop) independently an in a remote capacity via zoom.
Creating Space - Wellbeing Studio
Term dates: Wednesday 21st July 2-4 for 5 Weeks (last week of term 18th Aug 2021)
Booking will open 2 weeks before the start date of our next term (which will be in the summer) and sign up for our newsletter for an e-mail on the date registration opens! Our T's and C's are below. You can find a blog post about our sessions HERE.
These sessions are free of charge thanks to grant funding, this means sessions have a limited capacity and only run for a set number of weeks.
This group is aimed at any adults who consider themselves to be suffering with mental health struggles: this could include individuals who have a mental health diagnosis from the community, supported living environments or those who are marginalised and isolated or suffering from depression/anxiety.
This studio group will be a supported creative space to try out new materials, techniques and meet new people. Facilitated by a qualified Art Therapist, the group will all work independently on their own projects whilst being supported and inspired by each other. This could be your chance to start something new, complete something you’ve always wanted or just take some time to yourself to try out materials you never have before. Being creative is something that aids self expression, helps with problem solving and can aid in self reflection. This is an informal ‘no wrong approach’ group, where all you need it an open mind and the will to try. Why not meet new people and try something new! You don't need fancy materials, there is an ethos of re-using and recycling things as well as using what you have to hand.
The sessions will run on a weekly basis and you are asked to be able to attend each week. There will be terms of 5 sessions. People will be asked to sign up each individual term again to renew their interest to make the provision available to as many people as possible.
• Each term will be open for booking 2 weeks before it begins.
• Individuals must complete a new booking form for each individual term. There is no automated carry over and each term operates independently.
• Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis and any booking forms after the spaces are filled will still be contacted but will be added to a waiting list.
• You are asked to commit to attending all 5 sessions in a term.
• If you decide the session aren’t for you please let us know so we can offer your space to someone else.
• If any individual does not attend 3 sessions, Creating Space will re-allocate this space to somebody on the waiting list for the remainder of that term.
• Booking cannot be made in the name of an organisation a space must be allocated to an individual who is contactable via their contact details on the form.
• Creating Space is unable to offer any tech support on devices or help in someone's home.
• You can complete the online or by printing it out and returned via email or post. (Please only complete ONE form). This needs to be done before each term.
Claire Hilton (Creating Space) requests permission to use anonymised images and general information about the group for evaluation and research purposes on Art Therapy and Wellbeing. No names or identifying features will be used and you must agree to this to take part.